Chez Studios is excited to present
A Two Day Actors Workshop
SELF TAPE LIKE A PRO
May 6 - 7, 2017
It is increasingly common that we ask actors to self-tape. Unfortunately, many of the self-tapes that are sent in do not reflect the quality or ability of the actor sending it. SELF-TAPING MASTERY is not an option anymore – it is a necessity if you are a professional actor.
The SELF-TAPE AUDITION WORKSHOP combines decades of experience from Emmy Award-winning casting director SHAY GRIFFIN, and international award-winning film producer/director LANCE DREESEN, to teach you how to create PROFESSIONAL Self-Taped Auditions that will make Casting Directors remember you like you were in the audition room – and how to do so simply, easily and without breaking the bank.
Areas of focus in this fast-paced, dynamic and fun weekend workshop will include the following:
- Equipment – Choosing the best and most cost effective equipment to create auditions that will give you an edge on the competition
- Lighting & Sound – Discover this simple self-taping setup so you can create awesome, kick-ass WATCHABLE self-taped auditions.
- Camera Set-up and Framing – How to be your own Director, and create self-taped auditions that look like clips from actual films.
- Post Production – how to edit, save & submit your self-tape like a pro (even if you are a techno-phobe).
- Self-Taping Audition “Hacks” – Use these self-taping audition secrets to give your self-tapes a competitive advantage, such as:
- How to self-tape with NO READER
- How to self-tape with a smartphone or tablet
- How to selftape in any location
- a free PDF of lighting diagrams and a dos and dont's checklist for self-tape auditions
- and much more…
In addition, all class participants will be sent sides a week in advance, and be given the opportunity to submit a self-taped audition for in-class analysis during Session 1, and receive honest and productive feedback. For those who wish, participants can apply what they have learned and re-tape and re-submit their auditions between Sessions, which will then be reviewed during Session 2.
By the end of the weekend, you will leave this workshop able to avoid common self-taping mistakes so you can confidently and efficiently submit auditions that will stand out and give you a competitive edge.
Mid Downtown - Atlanta, GA.
Location details will be given to students when their registration and payment are confirmed, about 1 week prior to the start date.
2 Day Workshop Dates are May 6 - 7, 2016: Cost $ 235.00
Group A - Open to all Ages
Saturday and Sunday MORNING - 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Group B - Open to all ages
Saturday and Sunday AFTERNOON - 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Each class size will be limited. Spaces will be reserved on a first come, first paid basis.
*Please Note: Cancellation Policy. You may cancel your workshop for a refund 14 days prior to the start date. Any cancellation after that time is subject to fees and our ability to find a replacement. If we are unable to find a replacement then you will not receive a refund. Many credit cards have insurance in the event of emergencies and we encourage you to use these when booking.